nuf said. But just a little background on what happened over the entire week. There were 28 exciting new kids to meet, each of whom would touch me in a different way. Every day we had a schedule full of 7 classes, Dancing, Movement, Poetry, Acting, Improv and Theater Games, Voice, and Creativity. Each were taught by two great Juilliard students, all of which I learned so much from...so much. In each class we pretty much just learned and had a blast!
Day 11

These are my awesome dance teachers...too awesome. By the end of the second day, I was so sore I couldn't move. I definitely got a work out in this class...even tho I can't dance!
The smiley one is Julia, she was great, she was also one of my leaders in my creativity group, she helped create the three-headed beast! So back story time! In our creativity groups, we were given three prompts in which to base our end of week presentation on. We pretty much just did improv games till Thursday! But in these improv games we came up with the Asparagus Opera [what it sounds like, we all stood around and sang "I am an asparagus"], the three headed beast [myself, Xanthea, and Madison acting as the same creepy person], and the Organism [all but one of us functioning as one thing, as we try to make the soloist become one with us]. Three BEAUTIFUL, POWERFUL pieces of work that we ended up using in our end work.
The goofy blonde is Hannah. She is a fantastic dancer, I am so jealous of her. She is actually from Springville! Yay for Utahans!
WORD OF THE DAY: awaken
Day 12

This was Mark. He was in charge of the whole thing, so he didn't teach a class. He did walk around all week with this boot on his foot...because he broke his toe. This was hilarious just because of that, but it was even more funny because he broke his meta-tarsal [if you know what that is bonus points] stepping on a pebble in dance class, just funny to me. :)
WORD OF THE DAY: play
Day 13

Wonderful Jordan and Wonderful Pippa Soo [thats her name...isn't it great?]. They were our improv and theater games teachers. I must say this was prolly my favorite class. We played around with energy a lot, it was crazy, we did this game where you had your team try and send their energy to you to find a stick in the middle of the room while you were blindfolded, and it WORKED! It's all about functioning as a cast! [I will most definitely be bringing this up to Mr. Long.] You may notice they are wearing the same shirts as the ladies in the first picture...that is because they always wore the same shirt, ALWAYS! I don't think it was the SAME shirt [or at least I hope not] I think they washed it or maybe got 5 of them for the entire week.
WORD OF THE DAY: fail [yes, fail]
Day 14

This is my Sarah!! She was such a doll, and created some beautiful poetry [and has one incredible voice!!] She definitely touched my soul!
WORD OF THE DAY: embody
Day 15 -same picture edited differently


Last day...This is my gorgeous friend Emma. She was in my creativity group, and here she is modeling our wonderful three headed beast costume. We had skirts that were gold and were made of the same material as the little fluffy crown thing you can see around the mask. It was pretty intense. All together, our final piece was "The Ballad of the Organism: a Dream Poem in Asparagus Minor." This was one of the only pictures I got that day...sad...
WORD OF THE DAY: expand
This week was one of the best I've ever had, and prolly the best of summer [so far.] It was totally worth the money, and you should all come with me next summer!! So great...so great [and college credit!!] Thanks everyone for the wonderful experience!
tick tick tick DING
What time is it?
It's time to wake up!
What time is it?
It's time to wake up?
Awaken my mind to unknown possibilities,
Play real hard in Snow College facilities
Take the risks
I'm not afraid to fail
You better take the risks
I'm not afraid to fail.
Discover what else is possible,
we..um...uh...um...uh... [KICK IT!]
That's aiight, it's okay to fail
That's aiight [well what you gunna do!]
Pick myself up
Since there is no down
Embody myself, get myself off the ground
Expand Expand Expand Expand
I'm bigger than I am [WHAT?]
I'm bigger than I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment