I am an introvert.
Nothing is wrong with being an introvert...but sadly the world thinks otherwise.
I was talking with my great friend Tay, and she mentioned a discussion she had in one of her classes where they were talking about extroverts vs. introverts, and while they found several upsides for being an extrovert, there was nothing positive said about introverts.
And that made me sad.
The TIME magazine printed article "The Upside of Being an Introvert, (and Why Extroverts are Overrated)" which lists several upsides to being an introvert!
We are more creative.
We are more committed.
We are more focused.
We are more future oriented.
We make better leaders.
We make better listeners.
We had positive qualities!
I have recently found TED and have watched way too many presentations, but some of them are quite fascinating.
The following talk is from Susan Cain. She inspired the above article and has written several books about how to have an introvert advantage and how to be an introvert leader in an extrovert world.
Nothing is wrong with being an introvert...but sadly the world thinks otherwise.
I was talking with my great friend Tay, and she mentioned a discussion she had in one of her classes where they were talking about extroverts vs. introverts, and while they found several upsides for being an extrovert, there was nothing positive said about introverts.
And that made me sad.
The TIME magazine printed article "The Upside of Being an Introvert, (and Why Extroverts are Overrated)" which lists several upsides to being an introvert!
We are more creative.
We are more committed.
We are more focused.
We are more future oriented.
We make better leaders.
We make better listeners.
We had positive qualities!
I have recently found TED and have watched way too many presentations, but some of them are quite fascinating.
The following talk is from Susan Cain. She inspired the above article and has written several books about how to have an introvert advantage and how to be an introvert leader in an extrovert world.
I think we just need to embrace our own personalities and work on accepting others and making them comfortable. I am learning to embrace my introversion! I recently took a personality test that told me how I act and how I can excel. I am an INTP (introversion, intuition, thinking, perception), and it is scary how accurate it is!
There's a little bit of introvert in all of us. So know that it isn't a bad thing, and they can be quite the addition to society. Love it. Embrace it. Preach it.
At least in solitude.
I love this!
ReplyDelete