Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 54-57 [aka girls camp!]

So this week was GIRLS CAMP!!! Gotta love camp. It was stake camp this year [ugh] and the theme was Cosmic Camp. Each ward was assigned a planet, we got Mars. I got to be a Youth Leader this year [so awesome...loved it] So I was filled in on most of the stuff for camp...and my mom is camp director so I had a lot of stuff to do.

Day 54

Youth Leaders left at 7:15 to get to the property early in order to set up camp [btw: stake property is 3 hours away...yipee.] We were planning on leaving at 7, but some people had to take a 45 minute shower [Johanna :P]! After a long ride with no music and taking a short stop to fix the tarp on the trailer, we finally reached the entrance gate. What was funny was the stake leaders left at 5 to get their and set everything up, but when we got there at 10, they were sitting in their cars with the gate closed...they DIDN'T HAVE KEYS! Luckily my dad came up with us and he was given keys. I would like to say that they had been sitting there for 2 hours just to laugh at them, but they were only there for 10 minutes because one of the cars got a flat and they had to fix it. After we set up camp, the girls came! They were separated to their leaders and their tents. The best Phobos Tent consisted of myself and my girls as well as Elaura's and Kristin's group. My awesome Star Fleet was Cassie, Olivia, Allie, and Lauren. I loved these girls they were the greatest. After "briefing", Kisty pulled out the bedazzler and buttons and we got to make hats! They were great, especially since skits were next and it was in the sun. After skits and the stake orientation, we had free time. Dinner was yummy [as usual THANKS MANDI!] and then the second ward came over where we sang songs and played with star glasses. We then went back to the amphitheater to attempt star gazing with the wonderful maps we made earlier today, but it was still WAY to bright. We then had smores with the stake, where myself and Michelle Bell actually went star gazing, and we went back to camp were we fell asleep.

The best bottles for the best Star Fleet! I love the symbol.


Making Hats


My loverly Star Fleet Girls


Day 55

Today was just an amazing day too. We had our presentation today [see picture below] where we had some wonderful ladies from our stake come teach us the lessons of the women of the testaments. It was lovely, we had front row seats too! Dad was at the [place] all day helping them set up the technical stuff.




Day 56
We had our secret activity today, the "War Games"! All it was was some marshmallows covered in flour that we spit out of a plastic pipe! It got pretty intense, we were all covered in flour, and Cynthia and Peggy got way into it. When Olivia started attacking Lynette, it was fierce, and Mouthguard eventually dumped a cup of water on Lynette. We decided to take some pictures of us all shooting the marshmallows, and as we were taking the last one, Lynette dumped a pitcher of water on Oliv, who was standing right behind me...so we started off running back to camp. Haha. We did some certification today...quite exciting. Then the Youth/Leaders went back and played some games [I do not understand killer bunnies]. After we went to bed, Paige was complaining of seeing a Schnauzer in her eye! Time for bed Paige.




Day 57


Beautiful isn't it? Keep reading you'll get the full story.

Last Day at Camp. Us 3rd Ward girls LOVE to get home early and take a shower. So we woke up extra early and packed up as much as we can. We then went to the stake for the last devotional and ran back and finished packing. We were in the cars by 8 and were the first ward to leave. I was in Kisty's car...and I must say I do not remember much because I slept almost the entire way down. Kisty got this beautiful picture of me, Holly, and Maddie all sleeping on each other in the back seat [hopefully will appear here one day]. And we were the first to get back! I was chillin' out in my house, and decided to take a quick shower. 20 minutes later I went back out and everyone is still in my driveway...where's the trailer. Turns out, a tire on the trailer blew on 215! So they needed time to change it. I heard stories from the people in the Sequoia that they could feel the car tip before they realized what happened, and the leaders in the CRV were screaming when rubber came flying at them.



Now we're all back home, clean, and rested. I had an awesome week and realized I live in such a wonderful ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment