Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reflect


On a Tuesday, 11 years ago...America was attacked.

My 2012 word of the year is remember [more on that later], and so I was just thinking about today and what today meant for this country.
It meant war.
It meant that 3,000 lives were lost.
But it also created unity!

Then, as I sat in my chemistry class today, I thought about what it means to me.
I remember when I heard about what happened [who doesn't?] We were waiting outside the school and my friend Cassidy comes up and tells us an airplane ran into some buildings in New York, I didn't believer her. Then, after Mrs. Atkinson came and brought the class, we turned on the TV and watched it happen over and over again. I think that was the first time I saw a teacher cry.
I didn't understand what it meant, just that buildings were on fire and some crazy person was driving the plane. I didn't realize how many people it affected, but now I understand!

To me, today means change.
It's all about patriotism and a love for this country. 
It's a day to be grateful for what I have, and think about what I've lost.
Today is a day to REMEMBER.
Today is a day to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment