Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What's in a Name?

A name is a pretty important thing! It gives us a way of recognizing something and addressing it.

Believe me...I know the importance of names. If I were to mess up one part of a name in my anatomy class, I would get it all wrong! And they are all the same! Like the muscles of the superior limb, there's extensor pollicis longus and extensor pollicis brevis and flexor pollicis longus and flexor pollicis brevis, and they all do different things and go different places!! And don't even think of calling something by a nickname, because it's not the neck, its the nuca (or cervix or column). Ahhh! I'm a bit overwhelmed...

But I didn't come back just to write about the stress of school [but I may not be able to control myself somedays].

When I was thinking about coming back to my blog this summer, I even went so far to changing it's name. I thought really hard about it, and went through quite a few lists of ideas before finally narrowing it down. And so it became...

present=empty space

It actually comes from a lyric, from a song, of a musical that has grown very near and dear to my heart. 

(if you are looking...it starts at about 1:10)

...and I picked that particular phrase because I liked it! The present really is an opportunity for a clean slate, each day has the potential for something new. The past IS another land that you don't have to return to, and the future IS a barren world just waiting to be discovered. But focus on the present, because it's happening NOW (I'm not going all YOLO...because that is annoying and there is still eternity).

So this is my place to write down what's happening...
in my empty space...
that's getting filled each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment